Thursday 5 February 2009


I have had a lot less time to go for walks lately. Anne has had a week off work, so she has taken the dogs out. I have been very busy, and have been missing the wildlife that I normally keep tabs on when I walk the dogs. 
I was really looking forward to going for a long walk tomorrow, and being a fan of extreme weather, the forecast, for below freezing temperatures and snow had me getting my scarf and gloves ready for the morning.
We have three dogs,  Jinnie (which is an arabic word for Devil) is a little black Terrier of uncertain origin. She arrived on my birthday 4 years ago. She is very appropriately named, being one of the naughtiest dogs I have ever come across.

A few months after Jinnie arrived Chubby came along, as one of her offspring, after an accident in the park. He isn't chubby at all, but he was the biggest and boldest of them all, and he behaved badly enough that nobody else wanted him.
Anne took these two, and Barney, a Labrador cross, out for walks all week.
Now Jinnie has been suffering from a sore foot. She hurt it bounding through the undergrowth. It was nothing major, but she had to take it easy for a few days.







So imagine my dismay when I got home from a days slaving over a hot PC, planning to get out for a long walk the following day to find Jinnie had strained her paw again, but worse still Chubby had strained his paw too.
It was actually quite comical to see them both hopping along like mirror invalid images. But one thing is for sure, we wont be going for a long walk in the morning

No comments:

Post a Comment